BBS is no longer a game engine... it's a machinima studio

I don’t know how to begin this, but basically I changed my mind about BBS being a game engine. The reason is pretty banal: I don’t have much experience in making game engines, nor I no longer interested in making video games (it was incredibly hard to design Core Survivor, so I can’t imagine how even more difficult it would be to make a larger game).

These two factors makes it incredible difficult for me to work on BBS as a game engine, and I lost motivation. It sucks that I promoted BBS as a game engine, but I thought I was able to handle it with my vast programming experience. I was wrong…

Instead of BBS being a game engine, I decided to turn it into the direction of a machinima studio. Why? Well, because I returned to making Minecraft-like machinima videos, but I no longer want to use my mods to make those as I’m unsatisfied with the workflow, so instead I’m upgrading BBS to be even a greater tool for creating machinimas than any of my mods could possibly be (you can also read related Patreon post).

To be transparent, I made this decision a couple of weeks ago, I just forgot to do any update on itch.io… my bad!

Thanks for attention!

Get BBS

Leave a comment